Tuesday, September 23, 2008

When the lights go down in the city...

So, hubs and I are recovering from six full days with no electricity. It's been quite an interesting week...reading by candlelight, taking long strolls to the park with the dog, sitting out at the coffee shop talking with neighbors, lingering on the porch a little later. I'll be honest -- if it wasn't for the fact that we couldn't cook on our electric stove, I'd have to say that I much prefer the 19th century lifestyle. Everything kind of slowed down here in Louisville. It was, well, rather refreshing.

I moved forward nearly 100 pages in Augustus, which I must say is an amazing book about one of the most significant leaders in the history of mankind. The success of a historical novel depends so fully on the quality of the writer and Anthony Everitt is as good as they get.

I'm going to try to get back into the swing of normal posting...all of those days off made me lazy (and I loved it).

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I love to hear that even though you were without power for 6 days (which is a seriously long time!), you were still able to enjoy it! It's nice to appreciate the little mundane things every once in a while.